I first realized the complexity of the virtual v's real during my final year at University. All dissertations needed to by typed up. Typically I had no money to pay and approached the “computer room” with trepidation. Actually everything went OK. I had done three or four weeks of typing at an after school class and so my typing was better than expected. Just as I was completing and my fingers were dropping off with the pain I saved the document. Suddenly the letters started fluttering down off the end of the sentences and words, they fell more and more and slowly a pile of letters started collecting like sand at the bottom of the screen. I was dumbfounded “but they’re not real. They are blobs of lights how can they fall and pile up?”
It was a virus and until I knew this, my mind had been blown away for a moment.. the virtual became “real”. The letters had solidness a form they had presence. They were living!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment